This PhD course is the first part of the LNETN first network-based training event. It will take place during December 3-9, 2020 at University of Oulu. The second course will take place during February 22-26, 2021 at Aalborg University Campus in Copenhagen. Upon succesful complition of these two courses, each ESR will recieve 5 ECTS.
The two courses are coordinated by Dmitrij Slepniov of AAU and Petri Ahokangas of UOULU.
These courses are available only to LNETN doctoral researchers. Detailed information, inter alia, about the course programme, assignment guidelines, and reading material is available on the course Intranet.
All quiries about these two courses shall be adderssed to Berit K. Jakobsen.
Course 1 (T1-P2): generic Transferable sckills
The first course is organized around four key training domains:
- Knowledge and intellectual development
- Personal development planning
- Research governance and organization
- Engagement and impact
It aims at introducing the delegates to a set of transferable skills, such as:
- Skills and needs audit
- Personal career development plan
- Road maps
- Time, finance and project management
- Data management and ethics
- Social media exploitation strategy
- Knowledge transfer expectations
- Individual PhD project theme presentation and discussion
- Virtual learning environment
- Network mobility pathways and work experience
- Workshop on media participation
- Fundamentals of emergence of own voice
The course will combine a mix of lectures, workshops, group work, individual and group presentations, and feedback sessions. As part of the preparation for the course, ESRs will complete two assignments based on the following outputs:
- Needs assessment, Personal development plan, and Road map
- Revised research proposal
The course activities linked with the two assignment will allow ESRs to get an overview of all research projects, training framework and mobilities in the LNETN network and will provide them with feedback and inputs for finalizing the above mentioned outputs by December 18, 2020.
- Nov 23 - ESRs submit their outputs for the Assignments 1 and 2
- Dec 18 - ESRs submit the final versions of (1) Needs assessment; (2) Personal development plan; (3) Road map; (4) Revised research proposal; (5) Data management plan
Period: December 3-9, 2020
Venue: The course is hosted by University of Oulu and, due to Covid-19 situation, it will take place on-line. Local ESR and supervisor teams will be together at own premises during the course.
Course 2 (T1-P1): Academic transferable skilLs (Theorising)
- Feb 8 - ESRs submit their 'Theorising and Theory Building' chapters
Period: February 22-26, 2021
Venue: The course is hosted by Aalborg University at its Campus in Copenhagen. The aim is for all ESRs and their supervisors to travel to Denmark.
More information about this course will be provided by mid-December, 2020.